THE DANGER OF UNBELIEF
Matt. 13:53-58; Selected Scriptures
1. Unbelief questions the origin of biblical & supernatural authority (vv. 53-54; Lk. 4:16-29).
2. Unbelief creates doubt in others (v.54).
4. Unbelief grows in greater proportion by those who are familiar with the one who proclaims biblical truth (vv. 55b-56).
5. Unbelief causes one to refuse to accept biblical truth no matter how powerfully it is presented (v. 57; cf. v.54; Heb. 6:4-6).
6. Unbelief causes one to attack the messenger of the truth instead of accepting the messenger and the message given as truth (v. 57; Matt. 10:40; Lk. 10:16; 1 Jn. 4:6).
7. Unbelief causes one to forfeit the blessing of experiencing the transforming power of God at work in their lives (v. 58).
1. Accept ALL of God’s Word as absolute truth (Psa. 119:160; Jn. 17:17).
2. Abstain from foolish arguments regarding biblical truth (Tit. 3:9; Prov. 26:4).
3. Advance the cause of the gospel by proclaiming Jesus Christ as the Source of absolute truth to others (Jn. 14:6).