IMMANUEL IN THE STORM
Matt. 14:22-33; Select Scriptures
1. Submission to Christ’s Lordship involves complete trust & obedience in Him (v. 22a)
2. God sometimes prepares us for our storms by isolation from others (v. 22b).
3. Christ intercedes for us when we face the storms of life (v. 23; Lk. 22:31-32a; Jn. 17:20; Rom. 8:34).
4. Storms are individually tailor-made for us by God (v. 24; Jas. 1:2).
5. Storms have the tendency to become deep, draining, dark & drawn out (vv. 24-25; Mk. 6:48; Lam. 3:6).
6. Hearing God’s voice can be experienced in the midst of the storm (vv. 26-27; Psa. 109:115).
7. Trust in God’s Word will enable us to face storms (vv. 28-29; Psa. 62:8).
8. Storms create fear in our lives when our focus isn’t on Christ (v. 30; Heb. 12:2a).
9. Christ’s love for us will NEVER allow us to be overwhelmed in our storm (v. 31a; Isa. 43:1-3a; 1 Cor. 10:13).
10. Christ graciously delivers us in our storm even when our faith is small (v. 31b; Mk. 9:24).
11. Deliverance from the storm will evoke worship to God (vv. 32-33; Matt. 28:9; Jn. 9:38; 20:28; Rev. 19:10).
1. Believe that God is always with you in your storm (Psa. 46:1; Heb. 13:5b)
2. Express unashamed praise to God for delivering you out of your storm (Psa. 9:2).